QUALITY CONTROL/PRODUCT ASSOCIATE - APPAREL
Purpose and Scope: To help improve the quality of JMC products by monitoring garment quality in terms of workmanship and measurements.
- Perform daily quality audits of apparel as per our company’s quality standard which includes TOP, pre-shipment samples, and bulk merchandise.
- Visually inspect garments for fabric defects, sewing defects, construction defects, color/shade/washing deviations and packing errors.
- Inspect garment measurements
- Report to senior production coordinator and production manager regarding the QC result and make recommendations to improve in the future
- Take photographs of web samples and organize
- Assist in setting up and monitoring all tech packs’ data entry accurately.
- Assist in sourcing trimmings and maintaining the trim library.
- Create presentation boards
- Responsible for production department’s supply purchase.
- Must be organized and efficient.
- 1-3 years experience in garment quality control
- Must have a great sense of urgency
- Must be able to spec and measure garments
- Should have computer skills
- Reading and writing in Chinese a big plus
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be the point person for maintenance for 100 stores plus as well facilities management of the corporate office. This position maintains the brand level of quality by ensuring the upkeep and safety of our store locations and corporate office. This is a problem solving position. Must be able to work well with vendors and store management. This position reports to the Manager of Facilities.
Build Brand Standard
- Create a guide on brand standards related to store care, fixture refurbishment and acceptable levels of maintenance.
- Work with landlords and their reps to insure properties are meeting standards.
- Develop maintenance of standards, schedule and supplies and take action to support in-region needs
- Work with Director to budget schedules and implement all maintenance Projects.
- Creation of a global approach towards maintenance using historical data and knowledge of current needs
- Ensure there is an on hand stock of items for quick change as needed
- Provide recommendations regarding projects to move forward with based on budgets
- Partner with Store Construction and Visual Design regarding directives for the coming year
Special Projects and Post Store Openings
- Partner with Store Construction on the execution of retro-fits and new construction projects
- Organize the effort of pulling together all up to date store photos for the executive team annually
- Partner with Retail Operations lead on post opening needs not included in warranty and execute as needed
- Liaise closely with Store Construction on any concept changes or work to be completed in store
- Coordinate with regional managers on the collection of feedback regarding the existing standards/process and identify room for improvement
- Communicate updated standards and requirements to field teams as they arise (Visual, Store Construction, Regional Managers, etc.)
- Partner with Logistics and external warehousing to ensure a timely delivery of items and remain on schedule with projects
- Liaise with retail operations partners to identify problem areas in the region and address as needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- 2+ years of maintenance management experience
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: email@example.com
Reporting to the VP & Director of Marketing, the in-house Graphic Designer is responsible for the development and design of marketing collateral for all J.McLaughlin corporate marketing initiatives, retail stores, events, advertising and web related projects.
- Partner with Marketing and Design teams to develop seasonal campaign ideas and concepts.
- Design visually unique graphic solutions to communicate brand message across all platforms including direct mail, in store signage, invitations and digital.
- Maintain seasonal campaign consistency, adhering to brand guidelines and seasonal font and color direction.
- Ensure brand alignment with Marketing, PR, Ecommerce, Merchandising, Visual & Design.
- Help build inspirational library and maintain seasonal dashboard of all in-store and marketing collateral.
- Retouch digital imagery of product and editorial images.
- Posses in-depth knowledge of seasonal collections.
- 3+ years graphic design experience
- Expert use of Adobe CS (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience in Fashion, beauty, retail a plus.
- Strong time management skills with ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will support the Sr. Brand Marketing Manager and Sr. Digital Marketing Manager in brand marketing activities, building awareness for the J.McLaughlin brand. The role will coordinate marketing projects across creative, ecommerce, product, planning, store, merchant and PR teams to insure seamless execution of events, promotions and campaigns.
- Maintain seasonal marketing calendar and manage weekly activity reports to circulate to internal teams
- Assist VP & Marketing leads in creating timely recaps of all marketing initiatives
- Coordinate advertising: work with creative to execute brand marketing campaigns (circulating creative for approvals, verifying placement)
- Track and manage mailing lists /customer database
- Manage store marketing needs: facilitate openings (signage, offers, events) in partnership with visual & creative
- Assist in preparation for key meetings, including editing presentation decks, pulling data from various sources, and adding visuals
- Will oversee project management, ensuring projects are executed on time and on budget.
- Manage approval process for creative, ensuring all marketing leads and executives have reviewed before release
- Assist in the creative development of seasonal marketing campaigns
- Prep, manage and track clothing and accessory samples
- Manage models, stylists, and talent booking
- Oversee messengering and shipping
- Maintain overall marketing budget tracking & creation of expense reports
- Coordinate budget updates, invoice payment and monthly recapping
- Effective time-management and project management skills
- Ability to create and maintain timelines; work and execute within deadlines
- Ability to understand marketing data, build reports, and summarize in meaningful way for the goals of the business
- Experience working in analytics focused roles, utilizing CRM databases and tracking ROI and budgets
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: email@example.com
RETAIL CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
The Retail Construction Manager will manage construction projects from commitment to completion, general contractors, sub-contractors, associated trades and vendors. The Retail Construction Manager will create and manage budgets, schedules, solicit and evaluate level multiple bids, order owner supplied materials (cabinets, carpet, lighting) as well as negotiate with vendors. The Retail Construction Manager will create and update the construction budgets and schedules on a weekly basis, and communicate status to The Director of Construction and Maintenance. They are the responsible leader of assigned projects.
- Establish construction budgets for the projects.
- Establish construction schedules for the projects.
- Update Director of Store Construction and Maintenance on current and upcoming construction projects.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Request and evaluate site surveys.
- Review and coordinate Construction Documents.
- Contract and coordinate with Architects, Engineers and General Contractors.
- Oversee the construction project with input on lease negotiation through Certificate of Occupancy and punch list completion.
- Retrieve and manage required documents for the projects.
- Monitor construction to insure completion on time.
- Review and qualify bids and pricing.
- Review invoices associated with the project.
- Order construction materials for the projects.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Expertise to estimate construction.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of construction process.
- Ability to read and process construction documents.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage fast-track projects.
- Effective in communicating with landlords/developers, architects, contractors, equipment and material vendors, inspection officials, etc.
- Ability to travel to project sites throughout a large geographic region of the U.S.
- Computer proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office applications and construction related project management and scheduling software.
- Capable of functioning remotely at project site locations.
- Ideal candidate possesses hands on knowledge and experience in construction and can do light carpentry.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5-7 years experience in related field.
- This position will require national travel for approximately 20% of the Construction Manager’s time.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACILITIES & MAINTENANCE MANAGER
The role will be the point person for ensuring a consistent brand image with regards to our in store furniture, fixtures and general aesthetic as well as facilities manager for our corporate offices. They will partner with cross-divisional teams to ensure a consistent approach towards customer experiences. They will play a key role in building and maintaining company standards for our stores and offices, both internally and with partnerships. Additionally, this role is first responder for facilities and will drive the execution of special projects and in store process changes. Essential Job Functions.
Build Brand Standard:
- Create a plan for the easy maintenance of standards and take action to support in-region needs.
- Create a guide on brand standards related to store care, item replacement and acceptable levels of maintenance for internal partners.
- Understand in market needs and customize a flow by region.
- Partner with Store Design on aesthetic challenges and sit in on construction meetings, as needed.
- Partner with Purchasing to establish a qualified mix of vendors to maintain standards externally.
- Coordinate dialogue across channels to communicate local themes and needs by region.
Facilities Management of Corporate Offices:
- Create a plan for the maintenance of standards and take action to support facilities needs.
- First responder for emergencies and urgent matters.
- Manage facilities and maintenance team and prioritize projects.
- Creation of a global approach towards maintenance using historical data and knowledge of current needs.
- Ensure there is an on hand stock of items for quick change as needed.
- Provide recommendations regarding projects based on budgets.
- Partner with Store Construction and Visual Design regarding directives for the coming year.
- Work within maintenance budget and communicate needs. Update project costs and complete project reports for the final costs in budget program.
Special Projects and Post Store Openings:
- Partner with Store Construction on the execution of retro-fits and new construction projects.
- Organize the effort of pulling together all up to date store photos for the executive team annually.
- Partner with retail operations lead on post opening needs not included in warranty and execute as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field of study.
- 5+ years of maintenance management experience
- Management and supervisory experience a plus.
- Experience with the retail industry preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- DStrong communication skills
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
PLEASE SEND SALARY REQUIREMENT WITH YOUR RESUME
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: email@example.com
Import/ Logistics Coordinator role is to monitor all domestic and international transportation to ensure that the company receives fashion products into NY warehouse safely and cost-effectively. Satisfying both Production and Warehouse teams’ requirements, this position has responsibility in traffic-controlling import inbounds after production and for developing the best methods for transportation that is both customs compliant and cost-effective.
- Responsible for assisting in the oversight of the daily Logistical operations involving freight and duty costing, importing, customs clearing, inbound planning & forecasting
- Responsible for the negotiation of terms for all freight forwarding companies to ensure proper service is rendered
- Responsible for assisting in and overseeing all activities related to importation of fashion products, from factory through final delivery to the warehouse
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of strong cross-functional relationships with the Wholesale, Retail, Finance, & Warehouse teams
- Works closely with factories, Production and Warehouse team for shipment bookings and updates, and all transportation matters
- Executes international courier, duty drawback, customs clearance, freight forwarding
- Verifies US tariff HTS classifications
- Understands duty drawback programs, import/export regulations, international customs regulations and compliance
- Maintains documentation of all import/export and domestic shipments
- Ensures vendor/ shipping / customs compliance with all factories
- Reports daily inbound forecasting schedules
- Audits HTS codes classifications on commercial invoices
- Negotiates AIR and OCEAN freight forwarding rates
- Inputs all data regarding shipments into the internal ERP system and update ASN accordingly
- Reviews freight invoices for approval and maintain shipping log
- Assist Warehouse Manager to maintain a highly accurate inventory.
- Manage the fabric inventory in domestic and overseas’ locations coordinated with production.
- Report to management about trends and costs, manage the logistics budget.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2 - 3 Years of import/ international logistics and supply chain experiences
- Thorough knowledge of US Import regulations and HTS codes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Work well under pressure and daily deadlines, fast paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUSINESS APPLICATION ANALYST
The Application Systems Analyst will focus on Business Process improvement by applying technology and software solutions. This role will coordinate the delivery of Business Requirements by working with IT Software Vendors and internal Operations teams. This role will be required to understand both Retail and Wholesale/Manufacturing related operations.
- Gather and document requirements from business users.
- Communicate business requirements to vendors.
- Oversee business application implementations.
- Develop training material and conduct training sessions to assure system adaptability.• Develop training material and conduct training sessions to assure system adaptability.
- Create ad-hoc reports from SQL databases per user requirements.
- Design and develop integrations between existing systems.
- Data Analysis
- 3-5 years of information technology experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related degrees.
- Retail/Wholesale knowledge is a plus.
One or more of the following database platform(s):
- SQL Server
One or more of the following programing language(s):
One or more of the following business application(s):
- Order Management System
- Sourcing and Demand
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Merchandise Planning and Allocation
- Point of Sale
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Warehouse Management System
- Customer Relationship Management System
Please e-mail resumes with a short cover letter to: email@example.com