J.McLaughlin x Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida
As we kick off the Season of Giving, this #GivingTuesday, we are honored to partner with Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida. Following the devastation of Hurricane Ian this past fall, we saw our local communities gravely impacted—at J.McLaughlin, being local and loyal is an essential part of our brand ethos and with 25 stores across the Sunshine State, we truly consider Florida our second home.
“We felt very close to the devastation of Hurricane Ian and looked for what we felt was the best opportunity to contribute back to the community. The Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida is helping greatly with their efforts.”-Kevin McLaughlin, Creative Director and Co-Founder.
In the spirit of friendship and gratitude, J.McLaughlin will donate 10% of all proceeds from all in store and online purchases on #GivingTuesday, November 29, 2022, to Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida to benefit Hurricane Ian relief efforts.
As we go into the holiday season, it is more important than ever to continue to support local organizations and acknowledge the impact and need of food distribution. As emergency services start to leave Southwest Florida, the Food Bank anticipates the need to increase as families pick up the pieces from Hurricane Ian.
The Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida is a member of Feeding America and is the largest hunger-relief organization in Southwest Florida serving a network of more than 150 agencies throughout Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee counties.
The food bank rescues food that would otherwise go to waste and distributes it to children, families, and seniors who are hungry through a series of food distribution programs that feed more than a quarter of a million people each month.
Fast facts about the Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida and their efforts:
- Since Hurricane Ian hit, they have distributed over 5 million pounds of food.
- They serve over a quarter million people each month.
- Less than $5 feeds a family of four for a day.
- From each dollar donated, 96 cents goes directly towards programs and services, feeding Children, Seniors and Families who are hungry throughout their five-county footprint.
- Harry Chapin Food Bank distributed $71 million dollars worth of food in the fiscal year 2021.
- Through food distribution programs, they supplied 47.7 millions pounds of food and other grocery items, including 12.6 million pounds of fresh produce. This is equivalent to 39.6 million meals distributed to those who are hungry.
How can you help?
Volunteer: Volunteers are the heart of their food distribution programs. They have over 7,000 volunteers giving over 60,000 hours plus of time annually. Volunteer by visiting harrychapinfoodbank.org and click volunteer.
Make a Gift: For more information or to make a gift, call 239.334.7007 or visit harrychapinfoodbank.org.
LOCAL & LOYAL
Shop our Gift Guide to help you find presents for everyone on your list. Throughout the holiday season, our stores are hosting many events in support of local organizations that are integral to our communities. Visit your local J.McLaughlin store or contact email@example.com for details of other special shopping events in your community.