Trick or Chic: 11 Ways To Celebrate Halloween in Style
Spooky chic: this Halloween, our witches are wearing Deanne Pants, Arlette Turtlenecks, and Callie Heels. Illustration by Claire Ward.
‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin spice and spooky fun—but per usual J.McLaughlin style, we like our Halloween with a haute twist.
Below, eleven ways we’re getting in the Halloween spirit with a side of chic.
Elizabeth Montgomery aka Samantha Stephens in Bewitched.
1. Match Your Cake To Your Cashmere
Bundle up in buttery soft cashmere that matches your treat du jour—a fancy chocolate 4-layer cake with spooky bats.
2. LIGHT A FLAME
Whether you’re staging a seance or just love the smell of autumn leaves as much as we do, light a flame with Diptyque’s Ambre Candle – Think: mysterious incense, insolent spices, and elegant wood.
3. Give Your Pumpkin A Pop of Animal Print
Wild thing, your pumpkin wants an animal print twist too.
4. Channel Your Inner Hocus Pocus
Wear an all-black outfit for a look that’s equal parts sophisticated and Sanderson sister.
5. Blast Nina Simone’s, “I Put A Spell On You”
Better yet, make it your ringtone. We’re listening on repeat.
6. Give Your Jack O’Lantern A Luxe Update
7. Have Your Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Bars, And Eat It Too
Spiced pecan pumpkin crust, ooey gooey cream cheese, pumpkin butter, and cinnamon filling, and autumnal joy. Enough said. Indulge here.
8. Two Words: Spooky Socks
For him, for her.
9. Visit A Glamorous Haunted House or Hotel
We love Architectural Digest’s roundup of the most beautiful haunted houses and hotels in the world. Pictured here, Colorado’s The Stanley Hotel which is rumored to be the inspiration for The Shining.
10. Carve Pumpkins In A Matching Crewneck
11. Watch Something By Hitchcock with Candy Corn Popcorn
For the spooks, for the style.
For More Fall Style Favorites - Trick or Treat Yourself, Below: