Holiday Favorites With
Gen Sohr of Pencil & Paper Co
We have long admired Nashville based tastemaker, Gen Sohr of Pencil and Paper Co., for her sense of style and love of bold color and pattern. We sat down with Gen to chat about all things holiday; from classic tunes (she loves Nat King Cole) to how to dress for the festive season (think red and touch of sparkle!)
Meet Gen Sohr:
- Mantra: Never accept "ok" anything.
- Hometown: Miami, Florida
- Style icon: Diana Vreeland
- Beauty Must-Have: Westman Atelier "Lit Up"
- Best Piece Of Advice You've Ever Received: Just begin...
- Favorite Color: Red
- If I Were A Print I'd Be: Ikat or a pretty vintage block print
- Currently In Your J.McLaughlin Shopping Cart: Kendra Bamboo Clutch
How Pencil & Paper Celebrates the Holidays
- Currently Listening To: Holiday Classics. Especially anything by Nat King Cole!
- Favorite Sweet Holiday Treat: Southern Chocolate Cake from Caroline's Cakes
- Holiday Tradition (and how does it look a little different this year?): We love the tradition of gathering at a festive holiday table for a big, yummy country breakfast with friends and family to celebrate the season. There is nothing more homey and delightful than fresh from the farm eggs and homemade biscuits with those that you love the most, even if that group is a bit smaller this year. We believe true Southern hospitality always involves a meal!
- Favorite Holiday gift you've received: We always love a vintage treasure!
- What J.McLaughlin Gift Guide Personality are you? I am a maximalist personality because I love all things color and pattern!
- Go-to Hostess Gift: A beautifully wrapped candle. We are particularly loving this holiday scent right now!
- Style tip for dressing during the holidays: Classic red with a touch of sparkle always feels festive!
- Holiday wardrobe staple from J.McLaughlin: The Tripp Coat
Gen Styles Three J.McLaughlin
Looks for the Holidays